Batch Automation Overview
Batch Automation is available globally. Currently, batch jobs of up to 5 million records can processed.
Customers can use the Batch Automation Service to perform batch file processing using Syniverse APIs. This simplifies the processing of large amounts of data, as the customer can process millions of records with only three API requests. Batch Automation can be fully automated by the customer since all interactions are API-driven. The use of REST APIs further simplifies the integration and automation process.
Currently, Batch Automation is provided for the following APIs and Use Cases:
- Easy Scheduling of Batch Jobs: Instead of making 1 million API calls to process 1 million phone numbers, customers can create a single input file, upload the file to Media Storage Service, and then schedule the processing of these phone numbers with a single API call, using a predefined job template
- Automatic Batch Job Processing: The Batch Automation Service queues and automatically processes a job. It collects all the batch job outputs, including both results and errors, and stores them for the customer to download
- Status Notifications: The Event Manager Service notifies the customer when a batch job is complete and the results are available for download
- Simple Retrieval of Results: The customer downloads the results with a single API call to the Media Storage Service.
- Input and Output File Formats: File format details can be retrieved using
- Uploading Input Files: Input files can be uploaded via the Content
Resource in the Media Storage Service. Visit the
Media Storage Service overview
resources pages for further details
- Supported Jobs: A list of available jobs can be queried using the Job Resource. Jobs are predefined to simplify setup. The job defines the input and output file layouts, as well as the Syniverse
services and APIs to be used to process the input data
- Schedule Jobs: Batch jobs are scheduled using the Schedule Resource. When scheduling a batch job, the input file ID and job ID need
to be specified. A list of available job IDs can be returned using the Job Resource.
- Job Status Notifications: The customer can be notified when a job is complete as well as receive other event notifications during batch processing. To receive notifications, the customer needs to create a subscription for the ABA-Messages
Topic in the Event Manager Service. This is created once and will be performed for all subsequent batch jobs
- Job Execution, Status, and Results: Scheduled jobs are executed by the Batch Automation service on behalf of the customer. The customer can query the status of a job using the Execution Resource. The query will also return statistics for the job execution. Upon completion of a job, the Execution Resource can also be queried to obtain the final job execution
details as well as the URL to download the output files
- Downloading Output Files: Output files, including separate files of the results and errors, can be downloaded from Media Storage Service using the URL provided by the Execution Resource.
Example python code showing how to use the Batch Automation with Media Storage and the Phone Number Verification API is available on Github.
Before a customer can use the Batch Automation API they need to subscribe to the service by going to Service Offerings -> ABA -> Subscriptions and clicking Subscribe.
The customer will also need to enable Media Storage in the Applications -> Account -> Settings -> Account & APIs -> ABA and selecting ON.
The following services can be used in conjunction with the Batch Automation Service.